Welcome to the Pathfinders Class
Miss N Grosch
Mrs Julia Holloway
We understand how important you as parents are as partners in your child's education.
"Practice makes perfect" is our motto.
Whilst we fully appreciate everyone's increasingly busy lives, just 10 minutes reading every day does make a real difference and is also crucial for writing development.
Also, Please encourage your child to practice their times tables (2s, 5s, 10s and 3s) and number bonds as these underpin their mental maths strategies.
- Read 3 times each week
- Please sign the reading log book so this can be monitored. It is essential that their reading books are in school daily, as we are having reading as a key focus this term, with year 1 children being read with daily by different adults, and year 2 children being read with at least twice a week.
- Their reading books will be changed on a Monday and a Thursday.
- The children are going to be bringing home spellings to learn for a spelling test on a Friday.
Things to remember for school
- Please make sure that your child arrives promptly for school. Children can arrive from 8:30 but should be in class by 8:50 as we will be starting lessons promptly at 8:50.
- Please collect your child promptly at 3:15pm from the playground by the main entrance.
- We have PE throughout the week so please ensure that your child comes into school wearing their PE kit on a Tuesday and Thursday.
- Reading folders must be in school every day. We will check them every morning for any letters or reply slips being returned. Letters for you will be put in here so please check it every evening for any communications.
- Please listen to your child read as often as you can and make a comment in their reading diary (check out the top tips for reading with your child in the resources). Books will be changed once you indicate in the reading diary that the book has been read. We will be changing books on a Monday and Thursday. I track the children’s reading journey and reward each child with a small prize each time they completely fill their sticker chart. Please support your child by providing some quiet time to read every day and record their achievements in the reading diary.
- We are outside in all weathers so please provide your child with a waterproof coat every day.
Keep in Touch
We are always looking for parents to help us support children’s learning! If you think you could spare some time to help please let us know. You will be asked to complete a DBS check before coming in – the children’s safety is always our priority.
We recognise that children learn best when home and school work together and are always happy to talk to you. Please contact us in the way which suits you best: catch us at the end of the school day, make an appointment via the office, leave a letter in the home school records or email us. Our door is always open.